Follow us on FaceBook
Follow us on Instagram @dimensiongallery
Visit us at 979 Springdale, Ste. 99 Austin, TX 78702 – open Saturdays from 12 to 5pm (closed some weekends for installations, so please check our Exhibitions page before visiting.)
Dimension Gallery is a nonprofit contemporary art gallery dedicated to supporting Austin-based artists working in sculpture and 3D media by providing gallery space and assistance with grant writing and public relations. Dimension assists in writing and submitting City of Austin Cultural Arts grants and trains the artist to access this funding for future projects.
Dimension Gallery is offering a two year fellowship program starting October 1, 2018. The fellowship is exclusively open to artists whose portfolios focus heavily on sculpture and 3D work and who have lived and worked in Austin for the last two years. Artists must be able to prove Austin residency by citing their participation in at least two art events per year in the Austin city limits or ETJ.
For the five selected fellowship artists, Dimension will:
- Host one solo show per year for each artist in the gallery space at 979 Springdale
- Help publicize the event through the website, social media, and press releases
- Train and assist in writing an annual Cultural Arts grant application for $2,750 to $5,000 to the City of Austin to fund materials, exhibition costs, and artist expenses in producing the work and the solo show
In order to ensure the long term success and sustainability of the nonprofit, artists will contribute to the organization’s administrative capacity. Artists will:
- Install and de-install their own annual solo show
- Help to publicize all gallery functions including other artists through their networks
- Create, organize, promote, and execute a demo, class, talk, lecture, etc. for every Saturday during the show
- Pay a 30% gallery commission on any work sold during the gallery show
- Donate a minimum of $500 in small-scale artworks per year to the gallery’s gift shop to help raise money for the nonprofit. The gallery will retain 100% of the gift shop sales.
- Open call to artists – February 1st – April 16th
- Artists notified early May
- First exhibition of new cycle October 1st
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the fellowship program, please email the following by April 16th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Up to 20 images of 10 distinct works with an image list including name of work, medium, year made, and dimensions
- Artist statement
Sign up for our email list:
For general inquiries about the gallery, please contact email@example.com or call 512.479.9941.